Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Valentines.....California Style

This year it was my turn to plan Valentines....Drew's in charge of our Anniversary which this year is the big 5! Which means where going on a trip alone! So I decided that we'd bring Brinley this year and forget having to get a babysitter AKA Aunt Didi (Haylee). We thought she might want a break between watching all her nieces and nephew. Anyways so I planned a nice take out meal that included appetizers and dinner along with a heart shaped red velvet cake and headed down to the beach. It was a warm beautiful day so it turned out PERFECT! We had a great time and it reminded us how much we LOVE the beach. It was nice to have a family Valentines day California style. Nothing better then splashing around in the water and basking in the sun. Maybe next time we'll be in our swim suits. Drew did give me the perfect gift...we we're trying to be low key due to our Anniversary in less then 2 months, but he surprised me anyways and got me the WICKED soundtrack. For those who have not seen it you have to go... we've gone to a fair share of broadway musicals (yes Drew loves them) and this one was our ultimate favorite. It's gone to be hard to top it. The music was great it makes me want to go again. So it was a great gift because now I can re-live it in the car everyday!!






6 comments:

rocketmom said...

SOOO CUTE!! Looks like tons of fun! Brinley is getting so big..she is a doll!

Carly said...

You make me miss the beach soooo bad! You guys lookso great and Brinley looks so much like a Walker to me! So adorable.

The Birds said...

Valentines, california style is the only way to go. You guys look adorable. :)

Ted and Amanda said...

Love the beach idea. Your cake was too cute!

Chrissy said...

That cake looks amazing! I need to know where you got this red velvet goodness. Wicked is hard to top, but I think the trip alone for the 5 year will give it a run!

DeJong Family said...

Can I say when I look at these pics, it makes me want to hop on a plane immediately...JEALOUS! Hope you guys are doing great. We are chatting about coming and seeing you guys maybe in a few months...Hopefully things will pan out. Brinley is a doll!!! Getting so big :)