Thursday, February 24, 2011

THE RACE IS ON!!

So Drew and I have had an on-going battle with running!! It all started last January when we were both suppose to run our first half marathon together in Irvine!! The only problem was I was pregnant and so we didn't think that would be a good idea. So Drew went on to run it without me:( Yes I was a little bitter and from there he proceeded to run another half marathon, a triathlon and TWO full marathons!! All while I was pregnant and had just had the baby! So this January I told him he better be ready because I was going to run my FIRST half marathon in Irvine and I was coming out guns blazing!! Let's just say the race was on!! So who do you think won??????? We ran most the way together pacing each other...but on mile 10....things changed and I had to say goodbye to drew at the water stop and hello to the finish line WITHOUT HIM!! Sorry honey you knew this was coming...he's devastated as I did beat him by 5 minutes!! And yes it felt SOOOO GOOD:) LOVE YOU DREW!!! Can't wait for the next one...and once again the race will be on!!!

No comments: